What do we have to do to eat healthy? Here are the facts that I found:
- Use the MyPlate picture to help you when you fill your plate for each meal.
- Fill your plate at any given meal with more vegetables, fruits, and whole grains, which naturally have more nutrients.
- Skip add-ons like batters, breading, and butter, and choose sauces and dressings wisely, like vinaigrettes made with healthy olive oil instead of full-fat dressings.
- Opt for a baked potato instead of French fries, grilled chicken instead of fried, brown rice instead of white rice, and non-fat milk instead of whole milk or soda.
- Eat fewer solid fats like high fat meats, butter, lard, cream and eat fewer foods with lots of sugar. Eat fruits and veggies for snacks.
- Eat more fish.