We’re the first generation of kids that are getting diseases that only old people use to get. Why? It’s called obesity. Here are the facts:
- Obesity means an excess of body fat – over 25% in boys or over 32% in girls.
- Obesity has more than tripled in the last 20 years and one in every three kids is either overweight or obese.
- Obesity increases our chances of getting asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, liver problems, bone problems, breathing problems such as sleep apnea, rashes and infections of the skin.
- Adults haven’t been able to help so we need to help ourselves. We can do it together. Sign up and join us – become part of the “NO Team”!
- We have to eat more healthy foods and less junk foods.
- We have to exercise at least 60 minutes every day.
- We have to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.
- We have to play less video games and play games that help us keep moving.